Welcome to LUSH Mayfair staff's blog. This is the best place to hear directly from the girls who love LUSH, use it and know it the best. Even more important, we believe in the product and the mission of LUSH.

Visit lush.com for more information and come in to our store at Mayfair mall for a shop tour!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

How to melt your Deodorant!

o we all know the Lush's deodorants are a little different than most on the market. Not only are they aluminum free, but they also are sold in chunks by the quarter pound. They are unique because they are not antiperspirants, but they are amazing at actually deodorizing your pits!
There are two powders: The Greeench and Coconut Powder.
After that is T'eo, which is made up of baking soda crystals and tons of lemon oil.
The two Solids are Aromoco and Aromorant, and they kind of melt onto your skin.

The downfall? They are sometimes kind of a hassle to apply. I know that's what made me hesitate- I like to get ready and get out the door as fast as possible. So after reading through the Lush North America Forum, I found an idea to help me out, and I will be showing you how you can do it too!

So basically, we are taking the solid deodorants, and melting them into a typical deodorant container. This way it is easier to apply, and easier to transport. Let's begin!

1. Pick out what you're using. The products that I used today are Aromorant and T'eo. I imagine you can use any combination of the deo's that you'd like, but a solid one is pretty mandatory.


2. Obtain an empty deodorant container. I used one from an old Secret I had pre-Lush. Twist it all the way up and use a butter knife to get big chunks out, hot water is great for getting it out of the tray at the bottom.
 

3. Prepare your choices. I cut the Aromorant into chunks, and I chopped up the T'eo to be super fine.

4. This part can get tricky: Because the tray that hold the deodorant has empty holes in it, you need to take little pieces of the solid deo and smoosh them into the holes. This way, when you pour the melted deo into the container, it doesn't fill up the bottom, instead of the tray. Twist the tray back into the container.

5. After this, find yourself a MICROWAVE SAFE bowl, glass is the best option. Put one or two chunks of the Aromaco or Aromarant in it. I also put my T'eo powder in there too, in hopes that once melted, they two could mix and be awesome.

6. I put the bowl in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time. If it wasn't completely melted I just put it in again. Be careful when you take it out though because not only will the liquid be super hot, but some pretty strong deo smells came out of the microwave too.

7. Twist the container all the way back down. Carefully pour the liquid into the container. Once you get to the top you can go a little over the top, the excess just drips over the sides.

8. Now, you wait for it to harden. If you're impatient like me, you can put it in the fridge, as long as it's still standing up right.

9. You're pretty much done! Just clean off any drips down the sides and put the cap back on!

*I will say that mixing the T'eo in with it made it a little bit gritty, but not as gritty at the actual T'eo bar. If you react badly to minor irritation, I wouldn't recommend mixing in T'eo.

I hope you all enjoyed my instructions, hopefully it makes your deo's a little easier to put on!!

If any of you try any other combination, I'd love to see how they turn out!!!

4 comments:

  1. You are a genius, Mariah! Now all I need is an empty deodorant container, and I am so doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this! I've been wanting to switch to LUSH deodorant, but my conscience said that I should use up the yucky grocery store stuff and not be wasteful- so this morning I did! And then I got to break out your blog entry, follow your instructions, and go to town! it's so pretty shiny! (And as a further note- that chunk goes REALLY far- it filled my little cup of deodorant joy to overflowing!

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great instructions Mariah! Did similar experiment with Jungle, microwave, mixed with water, and put it in sample jars, LOVE IT in liquid form!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this!

    I've been just pressing the empty, clean old container into a piece of Lush deodorant. It's just the right thickness. But I end up with some fragments after a while, so I'll now be able to melt those and use every bit!

    ReplyDelete