Welcome to LUSH Mayfair staff's blog. This is the best place to hear directly from the girls who love LUSH, use it and know it the best. Even more important, we believe in the product and the mission of LUSH.

Visit lush.com for more information and come in to our store at Mayfair mall for a shop tour!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Big Tease

Have you ever known about something for like, ever, and just thought to yourself "yeah, but i don't need that/it won't work/i just plain don't wanna try it"?
Welll that's how I was with the Lush styling gels. Knew they were there for years and years, recommended them to others, but kept a good arms length away from them myself.
Why you ask? ;)
Honestly I thought they were for shorter, spikey styles and I'm a bit more conservative. I have long curly blonde hair and I've never done a mohawk or anything crazy with my hair.
So there they sat on the Lush shelves, probably saying to themselves "she's crazy, we could totally help her! we love curls and long blonde hair! c'mon! try us!"
Fast forward to this year about a week or two ago when we had a visitor in the store and she was asking me what products I use. I tell her of my life-changing experience with Soak and Float(another post! :), my adoration of Retread and also of Big and Curly Wurly mixed together(or with soak and float too! again, another post).
But no styling gels they ask?
Umm, yeah, no, no, I don't use those I say.
They she proceeds to tell me that The Big Tease is an amazing product and not only helps keep hair in place, control frizzies, but also makes my curls last ALL day even in winter and will make them springier and boingier and just all around everything i wantier. I think she even said I would have movie star curls/hair. (which duh, who doesn't want that?!) I'm hesistant, but trust her knowledge and into my basket it goes and then home with me. Next day, shower up and then apply the Big Tease to my hair. And all I have to say is this: O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT! SO RIGHT! My hair is fantastic! I've never been able to get my curls to hold all day especially in the winter! Love love love love love this product. :)
Here's the best way I've found to use it: Lightly towel dry hair, i use about a quarter or 50 cent piece size amount(but you'll need less or more depending on your hair length), rub hands together to emulsify, then lightly finger it through your hair-top to bottom, then flip hair over and rub the rest over your hair. Then scrunch hair in hands.
I air dry, but you could also use a diffuser as well. :)
It works pretty fast, so style your hair right away.
It also smells fantastic, but not overwhelming. Lovely curly hair that smells good? Who could ask for more!

1 comment: