Welcome to LUSH Mayfair staff's blog. This is the best place to hear directly from the girls who love LUSH, use it and know it the best. Even more important, we believe in the product and the mission of LUSH.

Visit lush.com for more information and come in to our store at Mayfair mall for a shop tour!

Friday, February 19, 2010

For when you're feeling under the weather...



It certainly is that time of year when lots of colds are going around. I thought I had been lucky and was staying healthy until this week. (Apparently I had been knocking on wood for too long.) I have a gross cold. Just in time for my birthday. (Boo.)
So, I decided to write this post not to complain (although I know I am a little bit) or to get warm wishes of feel better from all of you, but instead to tell everyone about some of the amazing products LUSH has that will make you feel better when you're under the weather.
Last night, I took a Geo Phyzz bath with one of my last large-sized versions. I was super bummed that I couldn't smell the wonderful, therapeutic scent of cypress, pine and sandalwood, but those Hawaiian sea salts worked their magical wonders on me. I came out of the bath breathing a bit more clearly and feeling very relaxed and ready for bed.
After my bath, I convinced the husband to give me a back, shoulder and neck massage with Wiccy Magic Muscles. (He usually moans and groans whenever I ask him for a massage, but I think he was feeling bad for how awful I was looking.) The cinnamon and peppermint warmed me up and made my soreness disappear. (Again, even though I couldn't smell them!) I even rubbed a little of it on my neck and chest before bed to help me breathe better.
Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds bubble bar is also a good choice. The frankincense is another great ingredient that soothes and makes you feel better. What are some other products that you've used when you're feeling under the weather? I'd love to know what else I can try...

4 comments:

  1. I've used Big Blue and Blue Skies together as a clear-your-head detox bath, but I think I just made the combo because of the colors and name similarities, not because of the scents :P It worked though!

    What about a facial massage with Ultrabland, followed by a warm steamy washcloth to remove? <3 I hope you feel better soon, what horrible timing (boo germs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also say boo germs, lol!
    As for feel-better baths, in my opinion nothing beats a geophyzz, although geo and happy pill together is one of my all-time favorite combinations. Not only does it smell lovely, but the bergamont and sandalwood work wonders for lifting a persons spirits.
    Wiccy is lovely, also - next time, maybe try Wiccy mixed with Fair Trade? That's my secret recipe for happiness, lol.
    Too Drunk and Demon In The Dark are also lovely when feeling under the weather, but I am pretty sure everyone knows all about that.
    How lovely would it be if Lush made a "feel better" box... *light bulb above head*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...feel better, love! I hope your working today didn't leave you to terribly drained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds so amazing that I kind of want to be sick so I can have an excuse to try it !

    ReplyDelete